Sunday, January 28, 2007

Backlash

Hi guys.

While I, and greengrass, are deeply touched by the support being shown, I am going to go on record now and say that I categorically do not want anyone protesting, going on strike, or doing anything silly like that.

Don't do anything that can get you banned or would comprimise your enjoyment of the best sports blog on the net (which I still think it is).

Offside - greengrass doesn't want you to leave and neither do I.

Greengrass - I apologise if anything I did contributed to your ban.

1 Comments:

Blogger greengrass said...

Ebren,
you don't owe me an apology.
You reacted to something I had done. You had a right to react, and the manner of your reaction was that of a friend, a fellow-member of a community.
This community has many facets. One laudable facet is that it is self-regulatory. I've lost count of the number of times one of us has gone over the top and been pulled up by our peers; among such peers, it doesn't hurt to climb down, to offer or take the olive branch. Your reaction was an excellent example of that: you didn't run to the prefects, you had an open dig. What's more, you expressed yourself with humour, with joi de vivre.
Another precious facet of our community is its fair-mindedness, well to the fore at the moment.
What we see on - of all places! - the RB blog is something so anachronistic as solidarity.
Before I start raining on my lap-top, I will thank you and all our comrades (!) for this show of solidarity and ask them to keep on fighting with their pens (keyboards?). Offside, with his French connection, is rolling out the tractors and blocking the lanes. This is touching - and far better than his threatened self-isolation in Trappist garb.
Finally, in the words of the song, we should "accentuate the positive": we belong to the select few who have been pulled off by the GU elite.
Keep on writing!
GG

Jan 28, 2007, 10:51:00 PM  

<< Home